- THE KHALILI DIFFERENCE
- ABOUT BARIATRIC SURGERY
- WHAT ARE
- LIFE AFTER
Here are some general “rules of thumb” on what to eat and not eat (and how) after your bariatric surgery:
- Focus on eating balanced meals with a variety of goods
- Try to eat at least 3 food groups in one meal (in the following order):
- 3 ounces of protein
- 2 ounces of vegetables
- 2 ounces of starch
- Know your protein goal, and try to meet it daily. • Don’t fill up on starch.
- For snacks in between meals, stick to fruit and protein.
- When you feel full, stop! You’ll eat less of everything in the beginning, and then increase the food amount gradually later. • Drink plenty of fluids in between meals—and 30 minutes before or after eating. And remember to sip, not gulp.
- Avoid fatty foods and sweets.The importance of eating the right foods in the proper way is essential not only to your recovery but to your long-term success.